1) Food insecurity is a long-standing problem, but the Covid-19 pandemic has brought it to the attention of all levels of government and the public.
2) A whole-of-government (and society) approach is needed to tackle this problem.
3) The critical role played by Civil Society Organisations (CSOs) (and the limitations of government) should be recognised.
4) Government needs to work with CSOs to bring about systemic change in the food system.
5) Civil society and other non-state actors also need to engage in different ways of working in intersectoral forums and networks in order to bring about structural change of the food system.